As Commercial Manager you will be taking on a leading role in the relaunch of IFE Manufacturing, the UK’s leading dedicated showcase of end-to-end manufacturing and product development in the food & drink industry.
This is the start of a new era for the event. You will be central in bringing the rebrand to life on the show floor. This role is a chance to take commercial ownership of a project, implementing your own comprehensive sales strategy and building close, lasting relationships with exhibitors in a thriving industry.
You will be responsible for achieving and exceeding sales revenue targets and for managing the show’s daily sales performance and its core sales team. You will also play a key role in strengthening our client, partner and stakeholder relationships and will function as a key ambassador for the event and the business.
In addition to working closely with the Event Director and marketing team, you will be expected to mentor, train and manage more junior sales executives, some of whom may be recent graduates, and ensure the team’s targets are met. As Commercial Manager you’ll also support senior management with wider strategic and long-term planning.
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks and manage workload
- Performance driven, keen focus on achieving goals and attaining commercial success with a desire to attract new business
- Knowledge and experience of using different commercial processes and techniques to sell stand space and sponsorship opportunities
- Experience of writing effective partnership and sponsorship proposals
- Creative, strategic thinking
- Competitor awareness and price point analysis
- Knowledge and experience of using CRM systems
- Ability to nurture strong key client relationships
- Great communication, both written and verbal
- Consultative and persuasive
- Great leadership skills to encourage and manage a team
- Manage day to day sales on the show and where appropriate junior sales staff
- Lead by example – Responsible for delivering personal sales targets across the event as well as responsible for junior sales staff hitting their personal targets
- Proactively deliver the show strategy across new, existing and lapsed accounts
- Role play the junior sales team regularly and share areas for enhanced sales performance and best practice
- Manage the prospect database to ensure it is constantly updated and is fit for purpose
- Work with the marketing team to deliver a targeted and well considered Commercial Marketing plan
- Ensure a constant high quality of delivery in all prospect, exhibitor and partner communication ensuring the message is on point.
- Support the Event Manager with accurate and timely floorplan management, forecasting and ensure the CRM is always up to date
- Attend industry networking events and competitor events to identify commercial opportunities, gain industry feedback and increase sector knowledge
- Immerse yourself in your market, understand its trends and develop your event around it
- Maintain an accurate stand and sponsorship ledger
- Regularly reconcile sales ledger, accounting ledgers and CRM sales logs
- Training schemes
- Mentor schemes
- Enhanced maternity / paternity
- Access to Manchester Square Gardens
- Corporate Gym discount
- Annual Summer company day
- Wellbeing at work
- Paid voluntary time off
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- Annual Christmas party
- 8 x Death-in-service payment