Fair Director/ PR Director / Head of VIP / Head of Marketing / Head of Gallery Development / Head of Production
Head of VIP, Head of Marketing, Social Media, Production, Press, Design
The World Photography Organisation is a global platform for photography initiatives. Working across more than 180 countries, our aim is to raise the level of conversation around photography by celebrating the best imagery and photographers on the planet.
We host a year-round portfolio of events including PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai, International Art Fairs Dedicated to Photography. Co-founded by Angus Montgomery Arts and World Photography Organisation, PHOTOFAIRS is positioned as a market leader in photography.
The job holder reports to the CEO to build and grow PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai into Asia Pacific’s leading photography fair brand and international destination. With a crucial overview of the entire Fair, the Manager will manage the Marketing, Social Media, PR, VIP, Production and Design teams in China.
- Represent PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai on a full-time basis in China
- Work with the CEO / Managing Director to develop a strategy for PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai
- Develop a strategy with CEO to represent PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai with key external stakeholders including government, existing sponsors, contractors and venues.
- Manage PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai Marketing, Social Media, Press and VIP team in Shanghai to develop and implement a strategy to deliver a VIP & art loving audience to the Fair in September and year round cultivation events
- Design & execute an effective promotion, marketing & communications strategy to continuously build the fair’s brand and profile in China
- Work closely with the Production Team to ensure the Fair runs smoothly, maintaining relationship with key local suppliers and providers
- Develop partnerships for building Photofairs Shanghai brand
- Client facing skills
- Articulate and fluent communication, both written and verbal, Mandarin/English
- Arts based background, knowledge and understanding of the commercial and not for profit art world, including commercial galleries, private and public museums and cultural institutions in China
- Excellent understanding of marketing, PR and social media within arts world
- Excellent strategic and marketing skills
- Proven track record of developing partnerships and delivering strategy
- Experience managing an extensive team
- Detail orientated
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team