Marketing & Press Executive
Marketing & Press Executive
Head of Press Shanghai, PR Director London
Fair Director / Gallery Development Director / Marketing Director / PR
PHOTOFAIRS, Asia’s leading international art fair dedicated to photography and new media is searching for a Marketing & Press Executive. Since its launch in 2014, PHOTOFAIRS has cemented its position as a high-curated and bespoke platform that connects galleries, collectors, and curators from across the Asia Pacific region.
Based out of the Shanghai office, the role is intended to provide additional support to the Social Media, Marketing and Press team, including assistance within the following areas: website management, social media support (both CN and international) and liaison between marketing and PR departments etc.
All candidates wishing to apply should be fluent in English and Mandarin, familiar with using Chinese and International social media platforms, excellent organizational skills, and a keen eye for detail. In addition, they should be an efficient team player, have the ability to work under pressure, be able to work flexibly and autonomously, and have experience of managing a busy timeline.
PHOTOFAIRS are looking for a dynamic Marketing & Press Executive. The primary responsibility of this role is to assist with the translation, scheduling and content of PHOTOFAIRS social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Weibo and WeChat) and to facilitate the growth of PHOTOFAIRS digitally. The right candidate must have in-depth knowledge of social media trends and have strong writing skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Preparation and distribution of press kits
- Social media and Website editing & management (in En / CN)
- Translation of social media, press and marketing materials
- Creating and coordination of social media copy and visuals
- Work with Gallery Development Director to collate marketing and press images
- Assist to maintain the CN press database
- Work with Marketing and Press teams to implement marketing and press strategy to drive high end audience
- Work with marketing and press teams to implement marketing and media partnership strategy;
- Assist to develop and maintain systems and processes that allow the team to carry out and report on campaign progress and success
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong written and oral skill (Mandarin / English)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Proficient in Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ensuring good communications between the departments.
- Ensure good communication with galleries and other stakeholders.
- Minimum two years of work experience in marketing and/or press, ideally within the luxury brand or lifestyle industry;
- Event or arts world experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Copywriting experience is an advantage
- Be interested in where Chinese and International social media trends meet
- To be enthusiastic and bring creative ideas to the creation of digital exhibitions
- Have some experience working with social media scheduling platforms e.g. Sprout Social